Aspect is a compiling templating engine for Lua/Luajit and OpenResty with full syntax Twig and looks like Jinja/Liquid.
$ luarocks install aspect
* Well known: The most popular Django-like syntax is used - Twig2 compatible and Jinja2 like.
* Fast: Aspect compiles templates down to plain optimized Lua code. Moreover, Lua code compiles into bytecode - the fastest representation of a template.
* Secure: Aspect has a sandbox mode to evaluate all template code. This allows Aspect to be used as a template language for applications where users may modify the template design.
* Flexible: Aspect is powered by a flexible lexer and parser. This allows the developer to define their own custom tags, filters, functions and operators, and to create their own DSL.
* Comfortable: Aspect allows you to process userdata data. More intuitive behavior with special values such as a empty string, number zero and so on.
* Memory-safe: The template is built in such a way as to save maximum memory when it is executed, even if the iterator provides a lot of data.